Review: Crescendo

12:27:00 AM




Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Series: Hush, Hush #2
Published: January 3, 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
464 pages (Paperback)



Summary:

Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it. A mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever (if that's possible) and what's worse, he seems to be spending time with Nora's archenemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude, Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feelings that he is hiding something.

If that weren't enough, Nora is haunted by images of her murdered father, and comes to question whether her Nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death. Desperate to figure out what happened, she puts herself in increasingly dangerous situations to get the answer. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts



Review:

I absolutely love Hush, Hush that’s why I am so excited when I got ahold of the second book of the series. Unfortunately, Crescendo was a disappointment to me. It somehow reminds me of the times when I was reading the Twilight Saga in which the second installment also let me down and that’s what happened to me while reading Crescendo—it upsets me. It seriously is so alike with New Moon which the girl and boy were so in love then suddenly girl got insecure with herself and broke up with boy. And girl ended up whining and depressed about the break up (despite the fact that she was the one who call it quits). That’s what happened to Nora in this book. She became exasperating and annoying that it almost provoke me to hurl my book across my room. At first, I tried, I REALLY tried to understand Nora. I mean, it’s not easy to get back to your life after a break up and it really takes time to move on. But when all you kept on yammering and moaning about is the break up then you seriously need to go to a shrink. Because dude, that’s what moving on is about. You have to stop thinking about it and occupy yourself with other things. But no, Nora had to be so angst-y about the break up and that’s the time that my patience came to an end. I almost close the book and marked it Did Not Finish but I persuade myself to read it up to the end and give it a chance.

What about Patch, you might ask. Well, my love for him went down for a notch. He’s really a jerk in this book. Though he’s still protective and as hot as he is in the first book, I kind of hated him for ignoring Nora and for hooking up with Marcie (that bitch! Haha). But that’s okay since he make it up at the last part of the book. *wink wink nudge nudge* Those lines he said … Eeeeeeee! >.< Absolutely swoon worthy.

            I wouldn’t call the plot good. I can’t help but compare it to New Moon (second book in the Twilight Saga). Admit it, the two books has a lot of similarities. Starting from the separation of the main characters up to the appearance of a new guy (and I’m sensing that there will be a love triangle in the later books). Even though the first half of the book frustrated me, Ms. Fitzpatrick managed to win me over at the second half of the book. Crescendo’s still worth the risk of reading. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments