Review: Existence

2:28:00 AM



Author: Abbi Glines
Series: Existence Trilogy #1
Published: December 12, 2011
Publisher: Wild Child Publishing
194 pages (Ebook)



Summary:

What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course.

Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.

Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.

Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all.

He is Death and he's about to break all the rules.



Review:

To be completely honest with you, it was not the summary of this book that encourage me to read it but the cover itself. It was like love at first sight for me. I know that’s a bit ridiculous but admit it, you would also be lured out by its gorgeous cover. I mean who wouldn’t? With those smoky eyes that belong to a very hot guy that seems to make you wet your pants, I wouldn’t blame you if you did wet your pants. To get to the point, I saw the gorgeous cover and then read summary then I told myself, “Why not try to read this book. This sounds promising.” And so here I found myself, writing a review for this.

I would like to point out three things about this book. First is about the idea of this book. The girl meets Death then Death falls in love and vice versa. Let’s admit it, it’s cliché and I know that you’ve read books with the same concept as this but what I like about this is that even if the idea is totally cliché, the author still manage to pull it off. She has a way into words that makes the whole thing still looks fresh despite the cliché-ness of it. There’s just something in this book that I couldn’t pinpoint at that would compel you to read it up to the very last page.

Second, though I love the characters and the way the author characterized the characters, I completely loathe their names. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not usually this shallow and I’m not someone who would peg a character for their name but I just find their names totally disturbing. I mean Leif Montgomery, Wyatt Tucker, Pagan and Dank aren’t exactly the names that I’m fond of. Also, I have a certain dislike to the name of Dank. Couldn’t the author think of some good name that will suit him more? You know, some hotter name other than Dank. Because when I hear the name Dank, all I could think of is basketball. Okay, now I’m even attempting to joke because of this and it’s not even funny. I know you guys didn’t laugh at that. Psh.

Lastly, I would like to applaud the author for writing that unexpected ending. In my whole existence, I’ve read different kind of endings so it’s rare for me to be shock since I’m quite a psychic and I can easily guess how a book will end but in this, you made me gape like a fish. My hands are already too eager to get the 2nd book of this series.


You Might Also Like

0 comments