Review: Shatter Me

5:21:00 AM





Author: Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me #1
Published: November 15, 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
248 pages (ebook)
 

Summary:

 Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war– and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.




Review: 

I've been hearing a lot of good feedbacks and also positive reviews about this book so my expectations about it was really high and I was just so excited to read it. So when I started reading the first few chapters … BAM! All of my expectation shatters. I find this book annoying. Why? Because of this, you have no idea how annoying it is to see this in like every pages. I mean it’s cool and very original for me to use this kind of style since it portrays what the narrator of the book really thought but when you see it in like EVERY FREAKIN’ PAGE, it becomes annoying and totally not pleasing to the eye. Also, it bothers the hell out of me the repeating of words. Like repeating a word two times is okay but four or five times?! What the hell, hell, hell, hell … See what I mean? The only redeeming part of this book is Warner! Hahaha. I don’t care if he’s psychotic. I like him, to hell with Adam.

All in all, this book is so-so for me. Not too bad, not incredible either. But I’ll give the sequel of this book a second chance. And I also wanna know what will happen to Warner! Hahaha. And oh, here's my favorite line from the book ..


“His smile is laced with dynamite. "Go to sleep"
"Go to hell."
He works his jaw. Walks to the door. "I'm working on it.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments