Review: Unravel Me

6:27:00 AM




Author: Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me #2
Published: February 5, 2013
Publisher: HarperCollins
480 pages (Ebook)



Summary:

tick

tick

tick

tick

tick

it's almost

time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.



Review:

I’m regretting of being indifferent towards this series. It’s not a secret that I don’t really much like the 1st book—Shatter Me, and I really was not expecting anything extraordinary about the 2nd book. I told myself that maybe it’ll be just like Shatter Me but now, I want to bonk my head on the wall for thinking like that. Unravel Me takes my breath away and leaves me gasping and choking from all the emotions that I’m feeling right now. I don’t even know where to begin on how much I love this book. *takes a deep breath*

I could say that the writing style of Tahereh Mafi improved. Why? She tones down the using of repeating words and the strikethrough-ing of the text and because of that I could finally appreciate the beauty of the book without being distracted to those.

Now, let’s talk about the characters …

            Juliette. I’m quite annoyed towards her for the first half of the book. She’s always throwing a pity party to herself and she’s always crying. It made me pissed because instead of training herself to prepare for the war, she’s just sulking in the corner. Ugh. The girl is impossible. -___- Also, it pisses me off that she just can’t seem to make up her mind on which guy to choose (Juliette, choose Warner. Darn it!). But eventually, I learned to accept her because I know it’s really hard to be in the same shoes as her.

            Adam. Do I really have to talk about him? *pouts* Well, his name pops out now and then but it looks to me like he sort of become a “minor character” on the book. He’s like a shadow that was just lurking in the background. I really didn’t feel his presence on the book and I don’t like the guy so even if he dies, I still won’t care about him. (Spell mean: M-E)

            Kenji. The guy’s is just so adorable and cool! He’s like the sun that lights up the bleak world in Unravel Me. He always makes me smile during the whole duration of my reading. If I didn’t already ship Warner and Juliette, I would undoubtedly ship Juliette to Kenji.

            Warner. Warner, Warner, Warner … *dreamy sigh* I don’t even know that it’s possible to love someone as much as I love his character. I kept on anticipating his appearance the whole time I was reading Unravel Me so when he already showed up, I was squealing so loud that I think I woke our neighbors awake (it’s already night time when I read this) and I was rolling on my bed that I almost fall down on it. When I first met his character on Shatter Me, he already made an impression to me. I was utterly captivated by his presence and that’s one of the reasons why I gave this book a shot despite of me not liking the 1st one. Also, I got to unravel his character more in this book; I got to know him better. Warner’s character was so broken that it makes you want to fix him and glue the shards of his existence. It’s official, Warner now owns my heart.

Can I discuss the Chapter 62 in here? No? Aw, darn it. But I’ll tell you something, after reading that chapter, I think I died and went to heaven. ;D

Overall, Unravel Me is one of those books that you thought isn’t good but will definitely catch you off guard and will surprise the life out of you. It’ll make you feel frustrated, forlorn, ecstatic, pissed, anxious, scared, besotted, enamored, and a whole lot of emotions. This book should be in your “need to read ASAP list”. Tahereh Mafi, I am now I fan of you! I seriously need to read the next book, please.


You Might Also Like

0 comments