Review: Hush, Hush

8:43:00 PM




Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Series: Hush, Hush #1
Published: October 13, 2010
Publisher: Simon & Schuster BFYR
391 pages (Paperback)



Summary:

When Nora and Patch are forced together as lab partners, Nora would rather fall to her death than put up with his elusive answers to her questions, his teasing, and his infuriatingly handsome face and hypnotizing eyes. It seems Patch was put on earth just to drive her crazy.

But before long, Nora's defenses start to break down as her curiosity about Patch heats up. Why does he always seem to be wherever she is and know exactly what she's thinking? How does he know what to say to both attract and repulse her? And what is up with those V-shaped scars on his chiseled back?

As their connection grows stronger, Nora's own life becomes increasingly fragile. Nora needs to decide: Is Patch the one who wants to do her harm or the one who will keep her safe? Has she fallen for one of the fallen?



Review:

Don't base your judgment on the reviews of others, if you haven't read the book yet. Yes, I do admit that I judged this book based on the reviews I've read about it so I had second thoughts whether I should read this or not but then I told myself, "Every book deserves a chance to be read and this book will not be an exemption to it." So I bought the book and I could tell to all of you that I did not regret buying it.

Hush, Hush is a totally riveting book! The plot's well-executed, the villain is totally unexpected and the characters are worthy to be drooled at.

The scenes in the book are perfectly carried out. And the pacing is just right for this book-- it's not too slow or too fast. The plot may sound totally cliché but the moment you flipped the first page of this book, you will be addicted to it. Clichés can be good too, you know? :D

One of the many reasons that you will love this book is Patch. *cue for dreamy eyes and drooling* He's your usual hot, conceited, dark and mysterious guy that you can usually read in Young Adult books but what makes Patch memorable for me is because of his swoon worthy lines in the book.

“Say 'provoking' again. Your mouth looks provocative when you do.”

“I don't go out with strangers," I said.
"Good thing I do. I'll pick you up at five.”


“Is everything a joke to you?” I asked.
He dabbed his tongue to his lip again. “Not everything.”
“Like what?”
“You.”


See what I'm telling you? Who wouldn't fall for a guy like that? KYAAAAAA! Patch, can I marry you? *cough* Anyways, as what I said before, the author was able to create the characters that you can surely connect on to. They seem to have a life out of the pages of the book.

One thing's for sure, I will definitely buy the second book of this series-- Crescendo. I cannot wait to find out what will happen next. Guys, you seriously need to read this...ASAP!

You Might Also Like

0 comments